Saturday, December 6, 2008

Hardware Unlocked G1 Phone Now Available for $399

hardware unlocked G1 phone available
An interesting step taken by Google has led to the unveiling of a SIM/Hardware unlocked G1 phone specifically targeted at developers. Yes that's right, its to be sold exclusively to developers for the Android platform. The handset ships with a system image that's fully compatible with Android 1.0, and obviously, it complies with any SIM card and can "flash custom Android builds that will work with the unlocked bootloader."

Certainly a move which is to attract more developers I suppose. If you are burning with desire to create that cool application on the Android platform but don't have T-Mobile coverage then this might just be the right thing for you. All you have to do is to register yourself as an Android developer and you have to look out for the Purchase link. Just be ready to fork out $399 from your wallet. As of now the phone is shipped within USA only. I wonder if Apple would do the same or is it just wishful thinking?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am hardly waiting for h1 to be released in my country. I used iphone already and I am bored wit it.